Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Being who I am

What does it mean to be a black Cuban that can't speak Spanish? Most other Cuban's feel that you are just a black man.  I am proud to be Cuban, (yes I am a mixture of Haitian, Cuban, and Dominican, but I am mostly Cuban). I would love to learn Spanish, but it does not stop me from being proud of my heritage. What about being a gay Cuban?  I know a lot of Caribbeans are hugely  homophobic, but I cannot change who I am.  Being a gay man, and a Christian is just who I am. I feel that I am loved by God and the that will never change.  I hope that I don't get a lot of hate mail because I believe that God made me the person that I am today.  If it had not been for the Lord in my heart I would not have been able to get through all the tough times that I have had to go through in my life.  This post is going to be very short but this is just me for the first time in my life being honest with myself and with others of the person that I am.


Peace and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment