Thursday, April 1, 2010

Adopted and found Father

I was adopted at age 2 or three, my biological mother found me when I was 30,(was a shock since I never knew I was adopted until then) and I meet my biological family. (they are Cuban and Dominican). So I really was curious about my biological father, since my father and I did not have a good relationship. So I asked my biological mother about him, which went nowhere at all since she was still in love with the man, but he broke her heart. So I went to my biological aunt, who gave me the lowdown on him. I found out he was Haitian and Cuban, and a big player. When I was born he was married with 4 children, and my birth mother was only 16 (he was 25). He has a total of 12 kids all around the Dominican Republic and Haiti, and had no interest in meeting me. So I found one of my "sisters" who had no interest in meeting me either. My birth aunt told me that he had passed away of diabetes in 2008. So I found my father, and as the old song goes, "Papa was a rolling stone." 
Since then, my birth mother died of a drug over dose, her mother died from a heart attack (she was not very liked by the family) and  my grandfather died from a stroke. Of all of them I  became very close to my birth grandfather Juan Carlos Segura. When I lived with him in New York for a while to get to know him very well, and he never judged me he only showed me unconditional love. In my life I never felt that type of love from anyone not my mother, not my father, only from the person up above. I miss him a lot and that is why I have made his name part of mine. So in my search for a father I did find a father figure in my birth grandfather, and a good friend in my birth aunt. I am so blessed that they found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment